Pear Harvest Salad For 2
We came up with this delicious salad trying to use up leftover turkey after Thanksgiving. We think you'll love it, too! —Nancy Prewitt, Beaverton, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- Divide spring mix between two plates. Top with turkey, pear, avocado, pomegranate seeds and onion.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 673 calories, 34g fat (7g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 824mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 7g fiber), 51g protein.
Originally published as Pear Harvest Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.