Pear, Ham & Cheese Pastry Pockets
I came up with this simple recipe one night for a quick dinner. They're perfect with a cup of soup for a delicious weeknight meal. —Terri Crandall, Gardnerville, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 slices deli ham
- 4 slices Muenster cheese, halved diagonally
- 1 medium red pear, very thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold each sheet of puff pastry. Cut each into 4 squares. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard over each square to within 1/2 in. of edges. Brush egg over edges of pastry.
- On 1 corner of each square, layer ham, cheese, pear and onion. Fold opposite corner over filling, forming a triangle; press edges with a fork to seal. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Brush tops with remaining egg.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pockets in a freezer container, separating with waxed paper. To use, reheat pockets on a baking sheet in a preheated 400° oven until crisp and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 pocket: 403 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Puff Pastry Ham and Cheese Pockets in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013