Pear Gelatin Salad
This light and refreshing salad blends fat-free vanilla yogurt with lime gelatin to showcase convenient canned pears. I often make a double batch—one for my family and one to take to a covered-dish supper. —Carol Keinard, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears
- 1 package (.6 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin or 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Drain pears, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Place yogurt in a bowl. Gradually whisk in 1 cup gelatin mixture until blended. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until almost set.
- Stir cold water and reserved liquid into remaining gelatin mixture (do not refrigerate). Arrange pears on gelatin-yogurt mixture. Carefully spoon remaining gelatin mixture over pears. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until firm.