Pear-Filled Tube Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large Eggland's Best eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup diced peeled ripe pear
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Combine the filling ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Top with remaining batter. Smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 178 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 1, 2014
One of my most favorite fruits is pears, so just **have to save recipe**. Another is almonds, Altho have not made yet, it looks deliciously moist.
Oct 4, 2010
I found this recipe in a taste of home magazine years ago and it is now part of every holiday celebration! I have made it with pears and with apples and both are delicious!