- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- CRUMBLE TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; add the pears and toss gently to coat. Spoon into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until pears are tender and topping is golden brown. Cover edges loosely with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPear Crumble Pie
"I have made several times so surprised I never reviewed but likely because I use a printed off recipe usually . These are lovely pies-easy to make and my 6 year old had been helping me with these every Autumn since he was 2 and now my 2 year old daughter has helped me bake her first pear pies today. Very yummy! Thanks for many family memories too!"
"Having an orchard with all kinds of fruits, when I was growing up, my mother always made pear pie. She made it just like apple or peach with 2 crusts. Just adjust the sugar for the extra sweetness of the pears. We always enjoyed it!"
"this pie is very yummy and it's a neat alternative to dutch apple. the crumble on top was delicious!"