- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup diced peeled pears
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Divide the dough into fourths. On a floured surface; roll out each portion into a 12-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Place about 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar at the wide end of each wedge. Top with 1/2 teaspoon each pears and walnuts.
- Roll up, beginning at wide end. Place pointed side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; curve ends to form a crescent.
- Bake at 375° for 16-19 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cooled cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forPear Crescent Cookies
"This is one of those goodies that I'm asked to make or bring the most. Everyone loves them.I get "Hey, can you make those pear bite things?" They taste like a bite of apple pie. Once you've made them, they are easy to whip up especially if you mix the dough in a food processor. It's a good way to use up a pear or an apple or peach if you have one left over that is getting too ripe."