Pear Cranberry Relish
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 large pears (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 packets artificial sweetener (equal to 4 teaspoons sugar)
- In a large saucepan, simmer cranberries in water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Add pears, orange juice and zest; simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Cool 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sweetener; stir well. Chill for 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 75 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Nov 10, 2013
Excellent and easy. This is a go to cranberry relish for Thanksgiving.
Jul 13, 2010
Likes this recipe alot! Used less sugar substitutes as a personal preference & taste. Have tried it on family & friends & got rave reviews. My cousins, Martha Stewart & her siswter-in-law the other Martha, couldn;t wait to make & can. It is delicious served hot over a short bread or with biscotti & coffee; or cold with Good Quality frozen yogurt or ice cream. We plan on adapting the recipe with reduced sugar and canning for the holiday gifts for family & gift baskets.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.