Pear-Cranberry Lattice Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 Eggland's Best egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Additional sugar
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and allspice. Add pears and cranberries; toss to coat. Spoon into crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Cover pie loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and remove foil; bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 525 calories, 27g fat (17g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 1, 2015
ok so a company that does business with the hubby gave him 2 big boxes of beautiful pears for Christmas. No idea what to do with them I instantly came to TOH and found this recipe so i made this but I added 1/4 c of honey, some lemon zest and some chopped pecans. hubby loved it! will make again! Would also be fabulous with apples!
Oct 1, 2011
Great way to use up abundance of pears. Sweet and tart - very good.