Pear-Cranberry Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced pears, drained and halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Prepare bread mix according to package directions; pour batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle pears with lemon juice; arrange over batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nov 15, 2018
I asked my daughter what she would rate this recipe and she told me 4 out of 5. I made it for her since she rises early for her job and appreciates something she can eat in the car on her way there. I cut up the circular cake and give her a fresh piece each morning for a couple of mornings. Then I individually wrap the remaining pieces, freeze them and set out one piece the night before to thaw for each of the following mornings. She is very happy with this arrangement and I love using the pears from my garden!
Sep 21, 2012
Yummy! And so easy. Will make again and again.
Sep 10, 2010
Doubled the recipe, including the topping, and used 3 pkgs. Mixed Berry Muffin mix - delicious!