A wonderful alternative to traditional apple cider, our perfectly spiced, pear-flavored beverage will warm you from head to toe. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 3 hours
Makes20 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 12 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 4 cups pear nectar
- 8 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine juice and nectar. Place the cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low until heated through, 3-4 hours. Discard spice bag. Serve warm cider in mugs.