A wonderful alternative to traditional apple cider, our perfectly spiced, pear-flavored beverage will warm you from head to toe. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 3 hours
Makes20 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 12 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 4 cups pear nectar
- 8 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine juice and nectar. Place the cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Serve warm cider in mugs.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 100 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Pear Cider in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.