Pear Chutney Chicken Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1. Drain pears, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set pears and juice aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, mix flour and pepper. Add chicken in batches and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
In same skillet, combine onion, chutney, lemon juice, curry powder and reserved pear juice. Bring to a boil. Add chicken and pears. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until heated through, 3-5 minutes.
Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high, stirring once, until heated through, 8-10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 395 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Pear Chutney Chicken
"Loved, loved, loved this recipe! Made it exactly as the recipe said. I was a tad worried as I have not been a big fan of curry, but I honestly changed my mind after making this."
"mariasylviarivera2- chutney is a sort of fruit conserve (preserves) of spices and mixed fruit. Major Grey's Chutney is fairly common. Mango chutney is just a different mix of fruits. Check your store's mustard/steak sauce aisle or possibly the jelly/preserves/marmalade section."
"what is mango chutney?"
"This was great. I wanted to try it since the submitter says it freezes well, but we didn't have any leftovers to freeze! Definitely a recipe I will make again. A nice way to serve chicken that is not the "same-old-same-old"."