Pear & Chicken Salad with Gorgonzola
This is one salad I actually has me looking forward to my daily lunch break! —Gina Fensler, Cincinnati, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (22 ounces) Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Frozen Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry or blackberry jam
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 small cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Prepare chicken according to package directions. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine jam, vinegar and pepper. Microwave on high 10-15 seconds or until warmed; whisk until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach and romaine. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Transfer to a large platter; top with chicken, cucumber and pear. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Serve immediately.
Editor's Note: To toast nuts, spread in a dry nonstick skillet and heat over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 234 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Pear, gorgonzola and chicken salad with berry vinaigrette in Tyson's Grilled & Ready
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.