My family has always had a fondness for pears, so desserts that feature them, such as this cheesecake, are popular at my house.—Jennifer Short, Omaha, Nebraska
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pear halves, drained
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2-in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place pear halves cut side down on crust.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add flour; beat well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Add the milk, lemon juice and peel; beat just until blended. Pour over pears.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pear Cheesecake in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p14