Oatmeal fans will love this dish. Although the pears, blueberries and granola make a beautiful breakfast, with vanilla ice cream, the recipe also makes a delicious dessert.—Lisa Workman, Boones Mill, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 5 medium pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups granola without raisins
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Dot with butter. Sprinkle granola over top. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until fruit is tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 267 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 10g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry Pear Oats in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.