Pear-Blue Cheese Tartlets
Combined in a sensational bite-size package are some of my favorites items—blue cheese, pears and walnut. My coworkers snatch them up when I bring them in for office festivities.—Heidi Der, Stow, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large pears, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add pears; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in honey and salt; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until pears are lightly browned. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in cheeses.
- Place tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Fill each with 1-1/2 teaspoons filling; sprinkle with walnuts. Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 tartlet: 66 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pear-Blue Cheese Tartlets in Appetizers for Every Occasion 2012 Bookazine