Pear Bar Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium pears, peeled cored and diced
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. For filling, in a bowl, combine the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and ginger. Add to the egg mixture; mix until moistened. Gently stir in pears and coconut. Spread over warm crust. Bake 20-23 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 bars.
1 each: 182 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pear Bar Cookies
"These r so delicious u will want to make them all the time!"
"Made a batch of these this morning. Excellent! I also added a pinch of cinnamon, next time maybe cardamon as well. Super easy, readily available ingredients. I Cooked the crust a little too long but still yummy."
"These bars are fantastic! I added 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon and cloves to the topping, tasted like apple pie! A definite make again!"
"very very very good"