Pear and Roast Beef Sandwiches
Here’s an easy way to dress up an ordinary roast beef sandwich. A Mediterranean-inspired spread lends tartness while pear slices add fresh flavor and texture. —Pat Dazis, Charlotte, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 12 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1-1/2 pounds thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces Havarti cheese, thinly sliced
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, tomato and feta. Spread over one side of toast slices. Top 6 toasts with beef, pears, Havarti cheese and lettuce. Top with remaining toast slices, spread side down.