Peanutty Ice Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1-1/3 cups finely chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- M&M's miniature baking bits or semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine the peanuts, butter and sugar; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and corn syrup. Add coconut and peanuts. Stir in ice cream just until combined. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm. Just before serving, sprinkle with M&M's or chocolate chips.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 432 calories, 30g fat (11g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 3, 2015
This is a great make-ahead recipe. I like to also sprinkle some chopped peanuts over the top of the pie, and I also sometimes drizzle chocolate syrup over the top of each slice. I have made this recipe using a purchased graham cracker crust (in place of the peanut crust in the recipe) with good results and I think that a chocolate crumb crust would be good too.