Peanutty Beef Skewers
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Pour 6 tablespoons marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Thread beef onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 462 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 831mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 42g protein.
Aug 27, 2013
These were good! There?s a delicate balance between not overcooking the meat and applying enough marinade. Don?t marinate TOO frequently or you?ll prevent the sauce from caramelizing on the meat. Your meat will finish cooking before you get those yummy caramelized bits on the meat. Basting only once or twice seemed ideal. Also, I recommend that you avoid over-crowding the meat on the skewers - give the beef room to cook!