- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely cooked, remove to a plate; set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook turkey and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir the rice, bean sprouts and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended; stir into skillet. Chop egg into small pieces; stir into skillet and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPeanut Turkey Fried Rice
"I love this recipe. I just add any veggie I have on hand and it always turns out great. I used leftover black rice too."
"This was a great recipe that was really quick to put together. I used liquid aminos, which is a soy sauce substitute found in the organic aisle. It has way less sodium but I would put slightly less than the recipe called for because mine was a little salty...it has a stronger flavor. ;) Also, I used chicken breasts that I cut up into cubes and floured. Equally as good !"
"Very tasty. I will make this again."
"I was disappointed with this. It was so much work for a mediocre dish. If I did make it again (my daughter did like it) I would use LESS peanut butter as the flavor of that was overwhelming : ("
"I love this recipe! I always just throw whatever veggies I have in their instead of sprouts. What makes this absolutely delicious is the sauce mixture. So good, and so easy to make!"
"i thought this turned out great! only substitutions i made were- frozen peas thawed for the bean sprouts and i didnt have fresh but i did use dried cilantro."
"I had a rough weekend where I expirmented with new recipes and they were awful, so I was hesitant to try this one. Especially with 1/4 cup of cilantro. I am glad I did. Our grocery store only had sick looking sprouts so I opted to substitue a cup of frozen carrot/peas thawed. This recipe was delicious even reheated."
"wonderful!!!I lightened it up by using lite soy sauce, brown rice, reduced fat peanut butter, and egg beaters. Delicious!"