Mavis Larson of Granger, Washington shares a recipe she's used for over 50 years, relating, "Our children and grandchildren look forward to these treats at Thanksgiving and Christmas."
Recommended: 35 Cookie Recipes You Need in Your Collection
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 to 8 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 jar (16 ounces) lightly salted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- Mix and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool. Cut into 24 squares; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and salt. Add vanilla and enough milk to make a thin frosting. Frost top and sides of squares and immediately roll in peanuts. Place on wire racks to harden. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Squares in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p67