To dress up everyday coleslaw, Edie Farm of Farmington, New Mexico adds quick crunch with cucumber, peanuts and celery, then sprinkles on Parmesan cheese.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In small bowl, combine the cabbage, celery, cucumber, onion and green pepper. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and salt if desired. Top with peanuts and Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 119 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Slaw in Cooking for 2 Premiere 2005