Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Shape into logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Pinch center to form peanut shape. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 182 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 23, 2012
The best . I just shape normal. I always use this recipe now.
Jun 28, 2010
The cookies didn't have a whole lot if peanut butter flavor to me. I think the next time I make these I will add peanut butter chips to them. However the next day my cookies were hard. I am sure this is something that I did why they turned hard.