Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Shape into logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Pinch center to form peanut shape. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 182 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 23, 2012
The best . I just shape normal. I always use this recipe now.
Jun 28, 2010
The cookies didn't have a whole lot if peanut butter flavor to me. I think the next time I make these I will add peanut butter chips to them. However the next day my cookies were hard. I am sure this is something that I did why they turned hard.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.