Peanut Mallow Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1-3/4 cups salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the peanuts, flour, oars, sugar, salt and baking soda; stir in the egg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon marshmallow creme over hot crust; carefully spread evenly. Drizzle with the caramel topping; sprinkle with peanuts. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 146 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 19, 2009
Absolutely delicious--but I think they need to bake a bit longer than directed (in my oven, anyhow). I'll try these again and extend the oven time.
Dec 20, 2007
These bar cookies are delicious and I highly recommend them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.