Peanut Mallow Bars
Searching for the perfect combination of salty and sweet sensations? Well, look no further! Salted peanuts and rich caramel topping join marshmallow creme and brown sugar in these irresistible chewy bars. You won't be able to stop at just one! -Claudia Ruiss Massapequa, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1-3/4 cups salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the peanuts, flour, oars, sugar, salt and baking soda; stir in the egg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon marshmallow creme over hot crust; carefully spread evenly. Drizzle with the caramel topping; sprinkle with peanuts. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 146 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 19, 2009
Absolutely delicious--but I think they need to bake a bit longer than directed (in my oven, anyhow). I'll try these again and extend the oven time.
Dec 20, 2007
These bar cookies are delicious and I highly recommend them.