- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- BROWNIE LAYER:
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- PEANUT CREAM TOPPING:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 12 miniature peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil; grease the foil. In a small bowl, combine the butter, flour, cracker crumbs and sugar; press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle peanuts over crust.
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour. Spread over crust. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, warm peanut butter for 30 seconds in a microwave. Gradually fold in whipped topping; spread over brownies. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups. Using foil, lift brownies out of pan; remove foil. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forPeanut Lover's Brownies
"Very delicious dessert! This can be made ahead, but it's best to wait to sprinkle with peanut butter cups until just before serving, otherwise they turn darker."
"So good! I halved this recipe and put it into a 8 inch square pan and cut the brownies into 12 pieces. I did not use Cool Whip, that is just a bunch of chemicals. Instead I made a peanut butter icing using 1/2 cup melted peanut butter and 1 cup 10x sugar and some milk. The icing was kind of thick, I will definitely use less next time. I also drizzled some hot fudge topping on top."