- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 jar (12 ounces) grape jelly
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats and peanuts (mixture will be crumbly).
- Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with jelly. Cover with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forPeanut Jelly Bars
"My husband really enjoyed these bars. He loved the peanutty taste. I plan to make these again using strawberry jelly."