Florence Vella of Linden, New Jersey has the scoop when it comes to dessert. With just a handful of ingredients and her ice cream maker, she churns out this creamy peanut butter concoction with a nutty crunch. You won't believe it's light.
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Peanut Butter Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's instructions. Allow to ripen in the ice cream freezer or firm up in your refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Ice Cream in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p53
Reviews forPeanut Ice Cream
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2011
"So creamy and delicious, but I think I overindulged because it is labeled healthy."
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2010
"I've been looking for a peanut butter ice cream recipe, this recipe is perfect!"