- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 48 wafers)
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream*
- 2 cups salted dry roasted peanuts, crushed
- In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, milk, chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butter to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
- Melt the remaining butter; toss with wafer crumbs. Press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cut ice cream into 1-1/2-in. slices; arrange over crust. Sprinkle with nuts. Freeze for 30 minutes. Spread cooled sauce over nuts. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forPeanut Ice Cream Squares
"Great recipe - have also added peanut butter to the topping sauce - gave even more peanut flavour. A definite keeper!"