Everyone is nuts about this rich refreshing pie. It comes in handy as a quick and easy no-bake dessert for church dinners, card parties, showers and drop-in company. Judges at a northwest Kansas fair declared it a grand-prize winner.
Recommended: 30 Recipes for No-Bake Pies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Spoon half of the ice cream into crust. In a small bowl, combine the corn syrup and peanut butter; spoon half over ice cream. Sprinkle with half of the peanuts. Repeat layers. Freeze until firm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Ice Cream Pie in Country Woman September/October 2002, p31