- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add vanilla; beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and coffee just until blended.
- Filled prepared cups half full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the center of each cupcake, about 1 inch deep. For filling, beat peanut butter and butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Pipe or spoon about 1 tablespoon filling into the center of each cupcake.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Spoon scant 1 tablespoon ganache over each cupcake, spreading as needed. Sprinkle with peanuts. Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forPeanut-Filled Devil's Food Cupcakes
"The cupcakes have a nice combination of chocolate and peanutbutter which is always a favorite at our house."
"The water-based hot chocolate sounds like a great idea! I understand that the coffee is used to enhance the flavor of the chocolate. Unfortunately, even chocolate cannot hide the tase or smell of coffee for me. Nor can I abide having coffee in the house.Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it."
"make a different recipe"
"This recipe looks heavenly. My only problem is that I absolutely hate coffee - the smell, the taste, . . . . Is there anything that I can substitue for the coffee?Thanks for your help.Debbie"