- 1 cup butter, divided
- 6 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 3/4 cup butter and two squares of chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in cracker crumbs and peanuts.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Spread over chocolate layer. Melt the remaining butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forPeanut Chocolate Squares
"I've used packaged (not tub style) light cream cheese in lots of reciptes and it works just fine. This recipe would be okay too.fastquilter"
"Would light cream cheese work in this recipe?"