Peanut Chocolate Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, 2/3 cup peanut butter and egg until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining peanut butter until smooth. Gradually beat in milk and sugar. Carefully spread over crust. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set. Cool completely before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 208 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 10, 2015
I can't believe I haven't rated these, I've been making them for years, never have used white cake mix, only yellow, I don't put peanuts on top, these should come with a warning, lol, I could eat the whole pan!
Sep 2, 2014
Sooo good!! Hubby loved them