Peanut Chicken Wings
Creamy peanut butter and chili powder prove they’re an ideal match for any wing that comes along. Round out the menu with cut-up veggies, ranch or blue cheese salad dressing, and store-bought sweet potato fries. —Janet Vaupel Rockwell, Hollis, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 35 min.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Dash garlic powder
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the peanut butter, lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, salt, chili powder, browning sauce if desired and garlic powder. Add wings; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Transfer wings to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning every 10 minutes.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken wing (calculated without browning sauce): 122 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Chicken Wings in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.