Peanut Chicken Salad
Living in Alabama, where lots of peanuts are grown, I've learned to fix many different dishes using this locally raised crop. This is one of my family's favorites.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first five ingredients; shake well. In a serving bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, oranges, celery and onion; stir in chow mein noodles and peanuts. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.