Peanut Caramel Delights
This recipe came from my grandmother. I love it because it is unique and friends enjoy receiving it as Christmas gifts.—Kathy Albright, Reading, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- Line an 8-in. square dish with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn syrup, peanut butter, vanilla, salt and remaining butter. Beat on high speed for 1 minute. Gradually add confectioner's sugar and mix well. Press into prepared pan.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with water; stir until smooth. Stir in peanuts. Pour over corn syrup mixture. Refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until firm.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Invert onto a cutting board; cut into 1-in. pieces. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip candy in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 112 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Snicks in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.