- 8 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup,
- molasses, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 2-3 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). Quickly pour over popcorn and mix well.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from pan and place on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 quarts.
Reviews forPeanut Caramel Corn
"Delicious and easy! I made this for my son's birthday party, and adults and children alike raved about it. I followed the recipe as-is, with the one exception of using honey roasted peanuts instead of salted peanuts. Turned out wonderfully, and you'd never know this was a lighter recipe."