- 3/4 cup butter, cubed and softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- CANDY BAR TOPPING:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts, divided
- 40 caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/4 cups (7-1/2 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; coat foil with cooking spray.
- Microwave butter, sugar and water on high just until mixture comes to a boil, 3-4 minutes; stir until blended. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla until blended. Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Cool 30 minutes.
- For topping, combine sugar, butter and milk in a large saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat. Boil 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in marshmallow creme, 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla; pour over brownies. Sprinkle with 2 cups peanuts.
- In a small saucepan, combine caramels and water; cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until blended. Pour over peanuts.
- Microwave chocolate chips on high until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in remaining peanut butter until smooth; pour over caramel layer. Chop remaining peanuts; sprinkle on top. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Lifting with foil, remove brownies from pan. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forPeanut Caramel Brownie Bites
"OMG--these are more like candy bars than cookie bars. Probably the richest "cookie" I have ever tasted!! They are a little labor intensive but well worth the time. My son got into my caramel supply so I didn't have enough but just supplemented with some Marzeti's caramel dip (for apples) and it worked like a charm. My mouth thanks Ella but my hips are going to pay for all that richness. Happy holidays!!"