Peanut Candy Popcorn Balls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
Makesabout 20 popcorn balls
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2-1/2 cups red and green milk chocolate M&M's
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, peanuts, pecans and M&M's; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the butter, oil and marshmallows; cook and stir until smooth. Pour over popcorn mixture; mix well.
- When cool enough to handle, shape into popcorn balls. Let stand at room temperature until firm before wrapping in plastic wrap or stacking.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 440 calories, 29g fat (8g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 22, 2011
This tasted okay, the popcorn just turned out soggy so disappointed.
Dec 12, 2011
Someone brought these in to our office. So yummy! It looked like they were pressed into mini-bundt pans, but all you need is just a slice. They are a real sweet treat!