Peanut Candy Logs
For a great holiday candy, try these delicious treats. They are so easy to make and the caramel and peanuts tastes wonderful together.—Marilee Braesch, Omaha, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + freezing
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound caramels (about 75)
- 2 cups salted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the marshmallow creme, 1 tablespoon milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until combined. With lightly greased hands, shape the mixture into 1-1/2-in. x 3/4-in. logs. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Place the caramels and remaining milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 1 minute. Stir; heat 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until mixture is melted and blended.
- Remove four logs from the freezer at a time. Pierce with a meat fork and spoon caramel over all sides. Shake or scrape off excess caramel. Immediately roll in peanuts. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining logs. Reheat caramel in the microwave for 15 seconds as needed. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Hershey caramels.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 332 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Peanut Candy Logs in Country Woman Christmas 2004