Peanut Cake Bars Recipe
The librarian at my son's high school brought these bars in as a treat for here helpers one day. He enjoyed them so much he requested the recipe and has made them many times since. The whole family loves the blend of chocolate and peanuts.—Pam Clayton, Brownsboro, Texas
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1. In a bowl, combine dry cake mix, water, butter and egg until blended. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 2 minutes longer. Cool.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine peanut butter chips, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Cook over low heat until melted; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal and peanuts. Spoon over marshmallows. Cool before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 each: 210 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Cake Bars
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC