Peanut Buttercream Candy
My cousin sent me some of these delicious nutty buttercreams, and I've been making them ever since. It's a wonderful gift recipe since one batch yields seven dozen.
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, cream and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 3-4 minutes. Shape into 3/4-in. balls.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in melted chocolate; roll in peanuts. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 348 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.