- 5 ounces white candy coating, divided
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup crushed granola cereal with oats and honey
- 6 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a microwave, melt 3 ounces white candy coating. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla and cereal. Chill for 2-3 hours or until easy to handle. Shape into 1-in. balls; set aside. Melt chocolate and shortening; dip balls and place on a wire rack over waxed paper. Let stand for 15 minutes or until firm. Melt the remaining coating; cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle over truffles. Chill for 5-10 minutes or until firm. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forPeanut Butter Truffles
"Wanted to something new in the candy department this year and this fits the bill. It really is easy to make and very tasty. For the granola, taste of home has recipe for that too, the one I used has honey in it, very good. Now for part of the truffle, gave a 5 star because the ease to make not a lot of ingredients, most I had on hand. As for the taste, I never have any left over when taken to work. I have made this PB truffles twice and truffles vanishes."
"I really like this, but I don't have granola cereal with oats and honey on hand, so I just use graham cracker crumbs - same amt and they turned out great."