- 5 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup crushed granola cereal with oats and honey
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a microwave, melt 3 oz. white candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and cereal. Chill for 2-3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a wire rack over waxed paper; let stand until set, about 15 minutes.
- Melt remaining coating; cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle over truffles. Chill for 5-10 minutes or until set. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forPeanut Butter Truffles
"Wanted to something new in the candy department this year and this fits the bill. It really is easy to make and very tasty. For the granola, taste of home has recipe for that too, the one I used has honey in it, very good. Now for part of the truffle, gave a 5 star because the ease to make not a lot of ingredients, most I had on hand. As for the taste, I never have any left over when taken to work. I have made this PB truffles twice and truffles vanishes."
"I really like this, but I don't have granola cereal with oats and honey on hand, so I just use graham cracker crumbs - same amt and they turned out great."