Peanut Butter Tarts
This big batch of tarts doesn't last long around our house. But I don't mind...it's so simple to whip up more in a matter of minutes.—Sheryl Christian, Watertown, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 10 to 12 individual graham cracker tart shells
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons grape jelly
- Spoon a tablespoonful of whipped topping into each tart shell; set aside. In a large bowl, beat milk and peanut butter until smooth. Add dry pudding mix; beat 1 minute. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup filling into each shell. Chill. Just before serving, top each with 1/2 teaspoon jelly. Leftovers may be frozen.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 283 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Tarts in Country Woman January/February 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.