- 1 teaspoon plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) peanut butter chips, divided
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cream, cocoa, corn syrup, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cook over medium-low heat, without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in the marshmallow creme, peanut butter and 1 package chips.
- With a hand mixer, beat until mixture begins to lose its gloss, about 6-8 minutes. Fold in remaining chips. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-3/4 pounds.
Reviews forPeanut Butter Swirled Fudge
"This is a great recipe! I have used for many recipes and added almonds, roasted peanuts and miniature marshmallows on top. I love it!"
"I am considered a good cook, and my fudge is generally smooth and delicious. However, this recipe is unbelievably good. It is rich, full-flavored, and delectable. Everyone I have served it to concurs. If you like peanut butter/chocolate, you can't miss with this one!"