- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 6 miniature peanut butter cups
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Combine peanut butter and butter; fold into batter.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full; place a peanut butter cup in each. Cover with remaining batter. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews forPeanut Butter Surprise Muffins
"I made these for a bake sale at work. They were a big hit. I had co workers asking for the recipe. It's a keeper"