Peanut Butter Spritz Fingers
My family loves these cookies because they satisfy the need for chocolate and for something crunchy, sweet and nutty, all in just one bite! —Irma Lowery, Reedsburg, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 milk chocolate candy bars (4 ounces each), chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with a star disk, press dough 2 in. apart into long strips on ungreased baking sheets. Cut each strip into 2-in. pieces (do not separate pieces).
- 3. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a microwave, melt candy bars; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Coat with peanuts. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
1 each: 85 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC