VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 milk chocolate candy bars (4 ounces each), chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a star disk, press dough 2 in. apart into long strips on ungreased baking sheets. Cut each strip into 2-in. pieces (do not separate pieces).
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy bars; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Coat with peanuts. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Spritz Fingers in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p18