Peanut Butter Snack Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling
- 3-1/4 cups Kashi Heart to Heart honey toasted oat cereal
- 2-3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup uncooked oat bran cereal
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup whole flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter and honey. Cook over medium heat until peanut butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; gently press into pan. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteLook for oat bran cereal near the hot cereals or in the natural foods section.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 215 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 high-fat meat.
Jul 12, 2017
These do have a good crunch. Mine turned out soft but I did make a few changes. I used sunflower butter instead and a few other modifications.
Jan 19, 2014
A little difficult to find all ingredients and a little pricey to make, but absolutely delicious and well worth it. Great after morning work outs. My kids love them too.
May 11, 2012
my family loves these, even my 18 month old. I tried them with Peanuts instead of almonds and my husband liked them better. I have also tried adding cinnamon,that was good too!
Feb 21, 2012
I used a marble rolling pin to push them into the pan and to condense them so they were not crumbly. We are addicted.
Jan 27, 2012
These are very tasty-I liked the crunch but the next time I make I am going to use less peanut butter and honey. I felt the ratio of PB was way too much.
Jan 16, 2012
My husband said we should always have these in the house. I wrapped them individually and froze them. We grab a few if we're headed out just in case it's pushing meal time. It will be cheaper to make them the next time since I will have most of the ingredients on hand.
Jan 14, 2012
We Love them! I'm just now getting ready to make them for a second time. They're very easy to put together. I have a 9 x 13 pan and I cut 16 bars. My husband's only request was to add some chocolate chips, so I found the Nestle mini chips I will be putting in this time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.