Peanut Butter Pudding
"For a creamy, comforting dessert, this smooth pudding can't be beat," assures Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk and cream; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour into serving dishes; refrigerate. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 364 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Pudding in Taste of Home December/January 1998
Nov 12, 2012
Very good. Yummy peanut butter taste. Took longer than I thought to get it to a boil but was worth it.
Jan 14, 2010
This tasted good, but the texture was grainy. How can I prevent the grainy texture?