Peanut Butter Pretzel Squares
Total TimePrep:15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature pretzels
- 1-1/2 cups butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides. Set aside 1-1/2 cups pretzels for topping. Pulse remaining pretzels in a food processor until fine crumbs form. In a large bowl, mix butter, peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and pretzel crumbs.
- Press into prepared pan. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Break reserved pretzels and sprinkle over top; press down gently. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 1 hour. Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 201 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 17, 2018
Delicious and so easy to make. Awesome recipe.
Nov 4, 2018
I know this will be good as I have a similar recipe using graham crackers crumbs for the crust. Added surprise is its NO BAKE..nice not to heat up the oven all the time. And who dosent like chocolate and PB -its a hit from the start!
May 28, 2018
I made these the night (1000 pm) before Memorial Day for a holiday cookout. Before I could get the pan in the fridge to harden both daughters and my grandson had eaten four large pieces. I had a bit of trouble melting the chips to a smooth consistency but this was corrected by adding a bit more shortening. This dessert was a big hit even before it was ready to serve.