Peanut Butter Pretzel Squares
Total TimePrep:15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature pretzels
- 1-1/2 cups butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides. Set aside 1-1/2 cups pretzels for topping. Pulse remaining pretzels in a food processor until fine crumbs form. In a large bowl, mix butter, peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and pretzel crumbs.
- Press into prepared pan. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Break reserved pretzels and sprinkle over top; press down gently. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 1 hour. Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 201 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 28, 2018
I made these the night (1000 pm) before Memorial Day for a holiday cookout. Before I could get the pan in the fridge to harden both daughters and my grandson had eaten four large pieces. I had a bit of trouble melting the chips to a smooth consistency but this was corrected by adding a bit more shortening. This dessert was a big hit even before it was ready to serve.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.